This has to be my favorite granola - ever. The chaga maple syrup adds a nice layer of nutrients and the grain free/refined sugar free aspect replenishes my body instead of leaving it drained or inflamed from excess glutens, grains, and sugar! I eat it for breakfast as cereal with some milk, on top of smoothie bowls or stewed apples, or with yogurt and fresh berries. So good.
Let us know how you eat the granola! Tag a photo of your creation on Instagram and tag us @rane.organics
Infused Chaga Maple Grain Free Granola
Recipe and photos by Rane Organics
Servings 8 cups Prep Time 15 min Bake Time 30 min Total Time 45 min
For the Chaga Maple Syrup:
- 8 cups Water
1 cup Chaga Mushroom
- 2 cups Organic Maple Syrup
- Bring water to a boil, add the chaga, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer chaga in water for 2-3 hours.
- When you have 1 cup of liquid remaining, remove from heat and strain.
- In a pot, add your chaga decoction and maple syrup. Simmer until only the 2 cups of maple syrup remains; about 30 - 60 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour syrup into an airtight jar and enjoy! Store this in the refrigerator for up to 9 months.
For the Granola:
- 1 cup raw, soaked almonds
- 1 cup raw, soaked pecans
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup infused coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
- Add the nuts its in a food processor and pulse to chop roughly. Add pumpkin seeds and pulse again.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped nuts and seeds, hemp seeds, coconut, cinnamon.
- Add in the coconut flakes, hemp seeds cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Pour in infused coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Spread mixture onto a large lined baked sheet and bake for 28 - 32 minutes, mixing half way between, until golden. The granola may feel or look a bit damp initially, but quickly dries out of oven.
- Enjoy! Store this in an airtight container.
Pairs well with:
- Infused Chai Spice Honey driizzle
- Coconut milk and berries